Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Extension professor, Furney A. Todd, lecturing in tobacco field
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Professor Todd (1921-1991) was an extension professor of plant pathology at North Carolina State University and a North Carolina native. "He was known as 'Mr. Tobacco' to researchers, farmers, and politicians across North Carolina and was lauded for his work as a plant pathologist for his ability to turn the science of growing a bug-free tobacco leaf into workable, money-saving practices for tobacco growers" (N&O, March 4, 1991). Among his many honors are Man of the Year from the Progressive Farmer (1972), Tar Heel of the Week, Raleigh News and Observer (1977), and Fellow of the American Phytopathological Society (1978).
North Carolina Agricultural Research Service
more info on North Carolina Agricultural Research Service
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service more info on North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
North Carolina State University -- Faculty more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
Todd, Furney A. more info on Todd, Furney A.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Living Off the Land
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.