Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Assistant professor Richard "The Colonel" M. Southall conducting campus plant tour
- Richard M. Southall was known for his enthusiastic campus plant tours. Assistant professor Richard "The Colonel" M. Southall of N.C. State's horticulture department, was recognized as one of the outstanding teachers on campus during his tenure from 1966 to 1978. His class in the identification of ornamental plants was a student favorite. His plant tours led students and other interested parties all over campus and the surrounding area, including the yard of Raleigh Mayor Isabella M. Cannon. Southall was an Army Air Corps combat pilot during World War II, earning his masters and doctorate degrees at N.C. State after retiring from the Air Force in 1962.
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
North Carolina State University -- Faculty
more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. People (UA023.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)