- Assistant professor Richard "The Colonel" M. Southall conducting campus plant tour
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Richard M. Southall was known for his enthusiastic campus plant tours. Assistant professor Richard "The Colonel" M. Southall of N.C. State's horticulture department, was recognized as one of the outstanding teachers on campus during his tenure from 1966 to 1978. His class in the identification of ornamental plants was a student favorite. His plant tours led students and other interested parties all over campus and the surrounding area, including the yard of Raleigh Mayor Isabella M. Cannon. Southall was an Army Air Corps combat pilot during World War II, earning his masters and doctorate degrees at N.C. State after retiring from the Air Force in 1962.
North Carolina State University -- Faculty
more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People. General (UA023.024.000) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).