- 4-H club member Levi Simmons with pigs for club project
Community and Extension
African Americans -- History
African American students
4-H clubs -- Membership
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 14 x 8 cm.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Wilson County - July 30, 1940. Levi Simmons, Minshew Club member granted this second A and T College Club Scholarship for achievement in club work. The second project - 2 pigs. He will enter A and T in September to pursue an agriculture course
North Carolina State University. Department of 4-H Youth Development
more info on North Carolina State University. Department of 4-H Youth Development
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University more info on North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
Wilson County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- 4-H clubs. African-Americans (UA023.008.023) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.