- U.S. Army K-rations
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Transcribed form photograph: The Army's new Field Ration "K", formerly referred to as the Paratrooper Ration. The ration was developed by the Quartermaster Corps Subsistence Research Laboratory at the Chicago Quartermaster Depot. It packs a maximum number of calories in a minimum number of ounces and square inches. Weighing only 32.86 ounces for 3 meals, it contains 3,726 calories. The ration will be used by parachute troops, mechanized forces, airplane crews, life boats, etc. Chicago, Ill.
United States. Army
more info on United States. Army
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Military service (UA023.021.040) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).