- Fairgrounds across from Patterson Hall on Hillsborough Street
North Carolina History
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The North Carolina State Fair was first held in 1853 and moved locations around Raleigh until 1928 when it started being held at its present location on the corner of Hillsborough Street and Blue Ridge Road. The location of the fair entrance shown in this photograph was located right across the street from Patterson Hall on North Carolina State University's campus. The trolley that ran down Hillsborough Street into downtown can be seen as well.
North Carolina State Fair
more info on North Carolina State Fair
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Raleigh (N.C.) and the Triangle area. North Carolina State Fairgrounds (UA023.026.022) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.787773, -78.668037
Building: North Carolina State University, Samuel Ledgerwood Patterson Hall -- Agriculture Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Bain, W. C. (William Carter), 1839-1920 more info on Bain, W. C. (William Carter), 1839-1920
- Hook, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1870-1938 more info on Hook, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1870-1938
- Hook and Sawyer (Charlotte, N.C.) more info on Hook and Sawyer (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- NCSU Campus