- Rex Hospital
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Rex Hospital opened in its current location in the 1950s. It was started in 1894, using funds provided in the will of John Rex, a prominent Raleigh citizen, who died in 1839.
Rex Hospital (Raleigh, N.C.)
more info on Rex Hospital (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Raleigh (N.C.) and the Triangle area. Raleigh (UA023.026.020) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Deitrick, William Henley, 1895-1974 more info on Deitrick, William Henley, 1895-1974
- Linthicum, H. Colvin, 1886-1952 more info on Linthicum, H. Colvin, 1886-1952
- John C. Knight and Associates more info on John C. Knight and Associates
- 1409 St. Mary's Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The original Rex Hospital was opened in 1894 in the Charles Manly House on South St. on Raleigh. The hospital moved into a new facility in 1937 on the corner of Wade Avenue and St. Mary's St. The current Rex Hospital is located on Blue Ridge Rd. and the hospital moved there in 1980. From the Dictionary of North Carolina Biography, Volume 5 by William S. Powell. Page 202.
Wake County (N.C.)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.78551, -78.642669