Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Fayetteville Street Mall, looking north towards the State Capitol
North Carolina History
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Merrell, Larry more info on Merrell, Larry
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Fayetteville Street was one of the original roads in Raleigh. In 1977, it was converted to a pedestrian mall in an effort to revitalize the downtown area. This ended up having the reverse effect and in 2006, the street was again reopened.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Raleigh (N.C.) and the Triangle area. Raleigh (UA023.026.020) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)