- N. C. State football player Bert Wilder
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- On the back of the photograph: "Bert Wilder -- Tackle -- All-Atlantic Coast Conference . A 6-3, 227 pound senior from Greensboro, Wilder led all linemen in voting for the all-ACC teams. He was named National Lineman of the Week by The Associated Press for his spirited performance against Duke on Oct. 26 as the 'Pack downed the Blue Devils, 21-7."
North Carolina State University -- Football
more info on North Carolina State University -- Football
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Football. Players, Q-Z (UA023.004.043) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Town, Ithiel, 1784-1844 more info on Town, Ithiel, 1784-1844
- Bragg, Thomas, Sr., 1778-1851 more info on Bragg, Thomas, Sr., 1778-1851
- Findlater, Robert, circa 1808-1856 more info on Findlater, Robert, circa 1808-1856
- Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892 more info on Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- Nichols, William, circa 1777-1853 more info on Nichols, William, circa 1777-1853
- Puttick, James, circa 1807-circa 1860 more info on Puttick, James, circa 1807-circa 1860
- Consulting architect:
- Strickland, William, 1787-1854 more info on Strickland, William, 1787-1854
- Briggs, John J., 1770-1856 more info on Briggs, John J., 1770-1856
- Drummond, William S. more info on Drummond, William S.
- Percival, William more info on Percival, William
- Paton, David, 1801-1882 more info on Paton, David, 1801-1882
- King, Asa, -1843 more info on King, Asa, -1843
- Murdoch, William, 1811-1893 more info on Murdoch, William, 1811-1893
- Stronach, William, 1803-1857 more info on Stronach, William, 1803-1857
- Birth, William W., 1808- more info on Birth, William W., 1808-
- Briggs, Thomas Henry, Sr., 1821-1886 more info on Briggs, Thomas Henry, Sr., 1821-1886
- Town and Davis, architects more info on Town and Davis, architects
- 1 East Edenton St., Union Square
- Architectural note:
- The structure is one of North Carolina's finest and best preserved Greek Revival public buildings. A sequence of architects were involved in the project. Nichols functioned only in the capacity of architect on this project In 1970, a marble replica of the Canova Washington was added. The building was restored to its orginal paint colors and granitizing in the 1990s.
- Historical note:
- The capitol grounds contain several memorials to wars and political figures erected through twentieth century. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as a North Carolina Historic Site, and as a National Historical Landmark.
Greek revival (Architecture)
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.781257, -78.63894