- N. C. State football player Roman Gabriel
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Roman Gabriel was a leader of the N.C. State football team during the early 1960s. In 1960, while a junior, he was chosen on all the all-American teams and was the ACC Athlete of the Year. In 1961, he was again named to all-American and All Conference teams and was voted the ACC's Outstanding Football Player. He was the number one draft pick for the NFL in 1962 and chose to play for the Los Angeles Rams. His jersey number, 18, was the first number permanently retired by the North Carolina State Athletics Department.
more info on Gabriel, Roman, 1940-
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
North Carolina State University -- Football more info on North Carolina State University -- Football
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Football. Players, A-H (UA023.004.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).