- Dea Thomas Nelson and students operating belt-driven dobby looms in weave room at Tompkins Hall
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- View of the weave room, Tompkins Hall, North Carolina State College School of Textiles, showing Dean Thomas Nelson and students operating belt-driven dobby looms.
more info on Nelson, Thomas, 1872-1953
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
North Carolina State University -- Equipment and supplies more info on North Carolina State University -- Equipment and supplies
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles. Laboratories (UA023.017.023) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NCSU Campus
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
Buildings -- Additions
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Towers (Building divisions)
Universities and colleges
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199