- Three students operating hoisery machines, Tompkins Hall, North Carolina State College School of Textiles.
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Student pictured second from left is Edward Shinn; he developed the synthetic aorta in 1955.
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
North Carolina State University -- Equipment and supplies more info on North Carolina State University -- Equipment and supplies
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles. Equipment and machinery (UA023.017.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NCSU Campus
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
Universities and colleges
Historic buildings -- Fires and fire prevention
Towers (Building divisions)
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Buildings -- Additions
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199