- Dea Thomas Nelson and students in weave room at Tompkins Hall
Community and Extension
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Denmark Photography more info on Denmark Photography (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Created Date:
- Dean of the School of Textiles Thomas Nelson and students posing in weave room at Tompkins Hall, North Carolina State College, May 1928.
more info on Nelson, Thomas, 1872-1953
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles. Equipment and machinery (UA023.017.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NCSU Campus
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
Universities and colleges
Towers (Building divisions)
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Buildings -- Additions
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199