Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Dedication of the "William H. Harriss Collection of Modern Fabrics" at the School of Textiles
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Key figures at the dedication of the "Wllliam H. Harriss Collection of Modern Fabrics" in the School of Textiles at North Carolina State College, January 30, 1957. Pictured are from left to right: B. A. Alford, director of the license department of the Sanforized Division of Cluett, Peabody and Company, New York; Chancellor Carey H. Bostian of State College; William H. Harriss of New York, in whose honor the collection is named; Robert M. Dowling of New York, vice president of the Sanforized Division and president of the Arrow International Division of Cluett Peabody Company; Dean Malcolm E. Campbell of the State College School of Textiles; and Professor Benjamin L. Whittier, head of the college's Department of Fabric Development.
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
Campbell, Malcolm Eugene more info on Campbell, Malcolm Eugene, 1902-1978
Whittier, Benjamin L. more info on Whittier, Benjamin L., 1898-1961
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles (UA023.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.