Dr. E. M. Schoenborn and Dean J. H. Lampe comparing stickwater
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Dr. E. M. Schoenborn and Dean J. H. Lampe comparing stickwater
- Dr. E. M. Schoenborn, (right) head of the Chemical Engineering Department, comparing stickwater, the fish processing waste product of which a sample is contained in the jug on the table, with its powdered extract for the Dean of Engineering, J. H. Lampe (right), ca. 1952. The process of extraction, perfected by research at the School, recovers valuable minerals, vitamins, and proteins from the heavy molasses-like stickwater by means of a spray drying process.
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
North Carolina State University -- Administration
more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
Schoenborn, Edward Martin more info on Schoenborn, Edward Martin, 1909-1979
Lampe, J. Harold more info on Lampe, J. Harold (John Harold), 1896-1986
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. College of Engineering (UA023.012) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).