Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- William Duke, outfield
Depressions -- 1929 -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 3.5 x 5.25 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The University Archives contains few images of players from the 1930s. In this one William Duke shows the power hitter in full motion. He began his N. C. State career as captain of the freshman team in 1930. His hitting senior year helped to earn many of State's victories, including three triples in a game against Virginia Polytechnic Institute and a grand slam against Davidson.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Baseball. Players, A-H (UA023.004.011) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).