- Danny Casteen, pitcher
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State University. Sports Publicity more info on North Carolina State University. Sports Publicity
- Created Date:
- During the late 1950s, the team was dominated by players who hailed from Wilmington. They became known as the "Wilmington Mafia" and included Casteen, a 6ft 2inch right-hander. His first appearance for the varsity team was a 5-1 win over Wake Forest in the Dixie Classic in which he was also the top hitter with 6 hits in 13 at bats. In 1958 his fellow players selected him for the First Team All-ACC.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Baseball. Players, A-H (UA023.004.011) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).