Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Vice Chancellor of Development Rudy Pate at desk
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 18 x 25 cm.
- Item identifier:
- Seward, Chris more info on Seward, Chris
- Technician (Raleigh, N.C.) more info on Technician (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Rudolph Pate, NCSU Vice Chancellor of Development; Photo by Chris Seward, Technician Photo; Accompanying news release from NCSU News Services, June 20, 1995: Rudy Pate Honored For Service to Education, For Immediate Release; Rudy Pate of Raleigh, retired vice chancellor of development at North Carolina State University, was presented one of two annual awards of the 26th Annual Popham Seminar held recently in Atlanta. Pate, a native of Robeson County and an N.C. State graduate was honored for more than four decades of service to the advancement of education in the South. The Popham Seminar is an organization of newspaper executives, university officials, writers and political figures. In addition to serving at N.C. State, Pate previously was director of development for the Southern Regional Education Board and assistant to the president of the University of North Carolina system. He currently is managing director of Rudy Pate and Associates, Raleigh, a consulting firm for fund raising and public affairs for colleges, universities and other organizations. Speaking at the tribute to Pate were John N. Popham, retired Southern correspondent for The New York Times, Garver Hudgins, retired education editor for the Associated Press; Edwin M. Crawford, former vice president of the University of Virginia and the University of Education; and John Egerton of Nashville, Tennessee, a former official of the University of Kentucky.
North Carolina State University -- Administration
more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
Pate, Rudy more info on Pate, Rudy
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People. Administrators, faculty, and staff, P (UA023.024.027) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).