Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Dean James L. Oblinger at desk
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 10 x 8 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- James L. Oblinger, dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and executive director for agricultural programs at North Carolina State University. From accompanying newsclipping, North Carolina Cooperative Extension News No. 4, Winter 1997: "Oblinger Named New CALS Dean": Dr. James L. Oblinger has been appointed dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and executive director for agricultural programs at NC State University, effective October 1. He succeeds Dr. Durward F. Bateman, who retired September 30 after more than 11 years in the post. Oblinger has served as the college's associate dean and director of academic programs. Oblinger received master's and doctoral degrees in food technology from Iowa State University in 1970 and 1972, respectively. He received a bachelor's degree in bacteriology from DePauw University in 1967. Before joining the NC State faculty in 1986, he served for two years as associate dean and director of resident instruction at the College of Agriculture at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Before that, he was professor of food science and human nutrition at the University of Florida, where he taught for 12 years. He was written nearly 50 peer-reviewed publications on the microbiology of red meat and poultry, with emphasis on food-borne pathogens and decontamination techniques.
North Carolina State University. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Oblinger, James L. more info on Oblinger, James L.
North Carolina State University -- Administration more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People. Administrators, faculty, and staff, O (UA023.024.026) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).