Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Marion Jackson Green portrait
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 3 x 4-1/4
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Marion Jackson Green; Here are a few items of church work during these years. I joined Concord Baptist Church of Rutherford County, NC at the age of 18 and served this church as secretary-treasurer of the Sunday School and as church clerk about 5 years. I was charter member and first clerk of the West Raleigh Baptist Church before graduation at A and M College in June, 1896. Has S. S. training while teaching 4 years in the late Union Home Industrial High School of Moore County, NC Placed my church membership with the First Baptist Church of Charlotte, NC in 1901 and on September 17 that year was married to a Moore County Methodist girl, who was baptized into the fellowship of the First Church early in 1902. I has S. S. teaching work a few years in the First Baptist Church of Morganton, NC. We came back to Charlotte and placed our church letter in the Louise Baptist Church in April 1907. I served this church as S. S. General Supt., Church Clerk, Church Treasurer and was ordained deacon in this church. Wife and I moved our membership to the 9th Ave. Baptist Church in 1913. Here I served 4 years as General Supt. of S. S. and 5 years Associate Gen. Supt., 10 years Financial Secretary of the church, and 14 years Treasurer. Mrs. Green and I left 9th Ave. in 1939 to become charter members of Green Memorial Baptist Church on the Plaza. Here I was elected first treasurer and have served more than 10 years. Also first and only chairman of the Board of Trustees.
Green, Marion Jackson
more info on Green, Marion Jackson
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- People. Administrators, faculty, and staff, G (UA023.024.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)