- Dr. Han P. Bao demonstrating machining for orthopedic footwear
Lasts (Shoemaker tools)
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 7 x 5 inches
- Item identifier:
- Matthews, Vellie more info on Matthews, Vellie
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Transcribed from back: Holding a foot model, Dr. Han P. Bao of North Carolina State University's industrial engineering faculty demonstrates the machining of a shoe last using a numerically-controlled milling machine. He and colleagues developed the system in a research project to automate the production of orthopedic footwear. (Photo by Vellie Matthews, NCSU Division of Visual Communications.)
North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
North Carolina State University -- Faculty more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
Bao, Han P. more info on Bao, Han P.
North Carolina State University. Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People. Administrators, faculty, and staff, B (UA023.024.012) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).