Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Polk Hall, addition
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Polk Hall is named for Leonidas LaFayette Polk (1837-1892). He founded the Progressive Farmer magazine and pushed for a Land-Grant college to be established in North Carolina under the federal Morrill Act of 1862. Polk’s wish for a Land-Grant college was supported by the Watauga Club and what is now North Carolina State University was founded. Polk also served as president of the Farmer’s Alliance, a national organization which later became known as the People’s Party. Polk Hall was constructed in 1926.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).