Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Nelson Hall, construction
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The back of the photograph: "Clearing site for new Textile Bldg- 12-30-38" Nelson Hall is named for Thomas Nelson (1872-1953). Nelson was a lecturer in weaving and design at NC State and became head of the department in 1924 until 1943. He was awarded an honorary Doctor of Science by the college in 1926. The hall was built in 1938.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)