- Interior view of Reynolds Coliseum lobby
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Unlike modern day facilities, there was no mistaking the front door of Reynolds Coliseum. The towering three-story lobby was a fitting entrance for this regal building. The marble walls and brass railings gleamed as fans streamed into the building. Interior view of Reynolds Coliseum lobby.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Reynolds Coliseum (UA023.005.081) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992 more info on Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992
- 2701 Sullivan Drive
- North Carolina
- General note:
- Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783501, -78.669899