- Dr. Eugene Hester and graduate student examining wood duck nest eggs
Ducks -- Eggs
Birds -- Nests
Boats and boating
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 10 x 8 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Dr. Eugene Hester, North Carolina State University zoologist, examines some eggs from a wood duck nest which he established at Tarpley's millpond near Wendell. Graduate student Dan Benfield, son of the Rev. and Mrs. W.H. Benfield of Rt. 1, Cleveland, is holding the boat steady. Dr. Hester and graduate students in zoology have established nests which hatch about 1,200 baby wood ducks each year in 11 study areas in Wake and Johnston Counties.
North Carolina State University -- Students
more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
Hester, Eugene more info on Hester, Eugene
North Carolina State University -- Faculty more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People. Administrators, faculty, and staff, H (UA023.024.018) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).