- Memorial Bell Tower with markings indicating when each section was built
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- On the back of the photograph: "Mr. Sargent - Jim Rivers asked me to give you this with his compliments. The State College Alumni are very proud of the Tower and deeply gratefull [sic] for your assistance. It is certainly nice - Tom Ashley." Memorial Tower honors those alumni who were killed in World War I. The cornerstone was laid in 1922 and the Tower was dedicated on November 11, 1949.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Memorial Tower (UA023.005.063) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Memorial Belltower -- Memorial Tower (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- 2701 Sullivan Drive
- NC State University