- Unveiling of plaque for McKimmon Center's Chancellor Room
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Former Chancellors of University System and President Bill Friday (on left) in McKimmon Center, left to right: John T. Caldwell, William Friday, Bruce Poulton, Joab Thomas, and Carey Bostian. The Jane S. McKimmon Center is named for Jane S. McKimmon (1867-1957). McKimmon served as North Carolina’s first home demonstration agent in 1911 and a founding member of the National Home Economics Association. She received both her B.S. and M.S. from N.C. State in 1927 and 1929 respectively. The building was built in 1976. Original print in "Photograph Collection, Building, etc.--McKimmon Center"
Bostian, Carey Hoyt, 1907-2000
more info on Bostian, Carey Hoyt, 1907-2000
Caldwell, John T. (John Tyler), 1911-1995 more info on Caldwell, John T. (John Tyler), 1911-1995
Friday, William C. more info on Friday, William C. (William Clyde)
Poulton, Bruce R. (Bruce Robert) more info on Poulton, Bruce R. (Bruce Robert)
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Administration more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
Thomas, Joab L. more info on Thomas, Joab L.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- McKimmon Center (UA023.005.062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).