- Famed figures from Riddick Stadium's colorful past joined in a ceremony Wednesday at North Carolina State University marking the end of the 50-year-old structure.
Campus and Town
Alumni and alumnae
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State University. Office of Information Services more info on North Carolina State University. Office of Information Services
- Created Date:
- Title continues: Robert Warren, a Raleigh businessman and captain of the 1928 Wolfpack football team swings a sledgehammer, while Williams (Doc) Newton (center), 1937-1943 coach, and L.E. Wooten (right), watch. Wooten began the fundraising drive to build the concrete stands of Riddick in 1917. The Rike Company of Winston-Salem has the $18,000 demolition contract and had crushed stands up to the south 10 yard line by late afternoon Wednesday.
North Carolina State University -- Facilities
more info on North Carolina State University -- Facilities
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Riddick Stadium (UA023.005.084) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).