Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Riddick Stadium, view of the west stands
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Riddick Stadium was built in 1907 and named for Wallace Carl Riddick (1864-1942). Riddick was appointed as a professor of civil engineering in 1892 and went on to serve as NC State’s first football coach, dean of the School of Engineering, and as president of the university between 1917 and 1923. The stadium was home to the football and baseball teams until 1966, when Carter-Finley was completed. Since 1966, the use of the stadium has shifted many times from dorms to physical plant operations. The last part of the stadium, the West Stands were completely torn down in 2005 to make way for the new Mathematics and Statistics Building.
North Carolina State University -- Sports
more info on North Carolina State University -- Sports
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)