NCSU Libraries

Overhead view of the dining hall in Leazar

Leazar Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Overhead view of the dining hall in Leazar
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Item identifier:
0004086
Created Date:
circa to
Description:
On the back of the photograph: "Tables used to be large white zinc covered." Leazar Hall was built in 1912 and served as the campus dining hall until 1971. It now is part of the College of Design. Leazar Hall is named for Augustus Leazar (1843-1905). Leazar fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. As a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives, in 1885 he assisted Charles Dabney in drawing up a bill to establish an industrial school in North Carolina. After several revisions, the bill passed in 1887, establishing the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. The building was renovated in 1983 and again in 2006.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Interior views
Photographs
Names:


Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building:


✓ Give us feedback