Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Leazar Hall, birds eye view looking southwest
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Carpenter, B. more info on Carpenter, B.
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Leazar Hall was built in 1912 and served as the campus dining hall until 1971. It now is part of the College of Design. Leazar Hall is named for Augustus Leazar (1843-1905). Leazar fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. As a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives, in 1885 he assisted Charles Dabney in drawing up a bill to establish an industrial school in North Carolina. After several revisions, the bill passed in 1887, establishing the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. The building was renovated in 1983 and again in 2006.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Augustus Leazar Dining Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- Keller, H. P. S. (Harry P. S.), 1869-1938 more info on Keller, H. P. S. (Harry P. S.), 1869-1938
- Nelson and Cooper, architects more info on Nelson and Cooper, architects
- Cooper, Thomas Wright, 1897-1957 more info on Cooper, Thomas Wright, 1897-1957
- Nelson, G. Murray (Grenville Murray), circa 1883-circa 1940 more info on Nelson, G. Murray (Grenville Murray), circa 1883-circa 1940
- 2230 Stinson Drive
- NC State University