Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- King Religious Center (YMCA)
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
Youth -- Societies and clubs
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The YMCA building was built in 1913 and served as a center for social and religious events on campus. After the Student Union was built in the early 1950s and Danforth Chapel was added to the YMCA, the building enhanced its religious activities and was renamed the King Religious Center in 1956, after E. S. King, who served as president of the YMCA from 1919 until 1955. The building was demolished in 1975.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Social aspects more info on North Carolina State University -- Social aspects
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- King Religious Center (YMCA Building) (UA023.005.053) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).