Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Kilgore Hall, entrance
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Kilgore Hall is named for Benjamin Wesley Kilgore (1867-1943), who served as dean of agriculture at NC State from 1923 to 1925. He worked in many different administrative capacities in the agricultural field, was editor of the "Progressive Farmer" from 1928 to 1930 and founded Pine State Creamery in Raleigh. In 1943, NC State awarded Kilgore an honorary doctor of science. Kilgore Hall was built in 1952.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)