NCSU Libraries

Lobby in Caldwell Hall

Caldwell Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Lobby in Caldwell Hall
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Item identifier:
0003906
Created Date:
Description:
Caldwell Hall, built in 1981, is named after John Tyler Caldwell (1911- ) who served as chancellor of the University from 1959-1975. During his administration the B.A. degree was authorized and total enrollment grew by over 10,000 students. He received an honorary degree from NC State upon his retirement in 1975. In 1962, he served as president of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges. Caldwell Hall is connected to Winston Hall and Tompkins Hall. Caldwell was originally known as the "Link Building" as it linked Winston Hall and Tompkins Halls
Genre:
Interior views
Photographs
Names:
Caldwell, John T. (John Tyler), 1911-1995 more info on Caldwell, John T. (John Tyler), 1911-1995 
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University 
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings 
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, John Tyler Caldwell Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
27607
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Lecture halls
Latitude, Longitude:
35.7868, -78.665802