Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- NC State Housing Director N. B. Watts inspecting room before dormitory opens
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Mills, Ralph more info on Mills, Ralph
- North Carolina State College. Visual Aids Department more info on North Carolina State College. Visual Aids Department
- Created Date:
- North Carolina State Housing Director N. B. Watts gives a last-minute inspection to one of the 420 rooms in the new $2.5 million, nine-story men's dormitory, DORM '62, which will be opened to its first occupants Monday (June 8, 1964). Watts is examining concealed storage space located about built-in dresser facilities. Built-in closets, beds, desks, and storage facilities are features of all rooms in DORM '62. DORM '62 was renamed Lee Dormitory in 1965 in honor of N.C. State alumnus and "Father of the Airborne" General William C. Lee.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
Watts, N. B. more info on Watts, N. B.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).