- Mrs. Lee at dedication of new dormitory to the late Major General William Carey Lee
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services more info on North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services
- Created Date:
- Title continues: Mrs. William Carey Lee of Dunn was the honored guest Friday, April 16, 1965, as North Carolina State University dedicated it's new nine-floor dormitory to the late Major General William Carey Lee, father of America's airborne forces. Among those participating in the dedication were from left to right: Major General Robert York, commanding general of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, University of North Carolina President William C. Friday and NCSU Chancellor John T. Caldwell. Also participating was Dr. Randolph Doffermyre of Dunn. The new Lee Hall houses 840 students and is being paid for by student rent.
Caldwell, John T. (John Tyler), 1911-1995
more info on Caldwell, John T. (John Tyler), 1911-1995
Friday, William C. more info on Friday, William C. (William Clyde)
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Facilities, I-L (UA023.005.050) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).