Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Birds-eye view of the Brickyard, looking towards the West Wing of D. H. Hill Jr. Library
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Chromogenic color print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- The Brickyard (officially named University Plaza) was constructed during 1967 to 1969. The original purpose for the Plaza was to cover the dirt and mud that resulted from the high level of construction going on during the 1950s and 1960s on North campus. Today, it serves as a central gathering area on NC State's campus.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Social aspects more info on North Carolina State University -- Social aspects
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
Building: North Carolina State University, D. H. Hill Jr. Library (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 4700 Hillsborough Street
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- D. H. Hill Jr. Library is named for Daniel Harvey Hill, Jr. (1859-1924), an English professor at North Carolina State University and one of the college’s first five faculty members. He was president of the University from 1908-1916. The library was built in four stages, the east wing first in 1953, the Erdahl-Cloyd Student Union or west wing second in 1954, the old book stack tower third in 1971, and the new book stack tower fourth in 1990. In 2007, a major renovation of the east wing of the library was completed. James B. Hunt Jr. Library and D. H. Hill Jr. Library are the two main libraries of the NC State University Libraries system, which is composed of five library facilities.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.787601, -78.669998