- Harrelson Hall, under construction
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Harrelson Hall, the first cylindrical building to ever be built on a university campus, was built in 1961. It is named after John William Harrelson (1885-1955), who was the first North Carolina State University alumnus to serve as chief executive of the University. He graduated in 1909 with a degree in mechanical engineering and was valedictorian of his class. In addition to serving as chief executive, he also taught in the mathematics department and as college archivist.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Facilities more info on North Carolina State University -- Facilities
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Harrelson Hall (UA023.005.043) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).