- Grinnells Animal Health Laboratories
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Grinnells Animal Health Laboratories were completed in 1972. The labs are named after Claude Grinnell, NC State's only veterinarian prior to the establishment of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Facilities more info on North Carolina State University -- Facilities
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Facilities, G-H (UA023.005.040) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Claude Delbert Grinnells Animal Health Laboratories (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- 3600-3662 Faucette Blvd
- Provenance note:
- Grinnells Laboratories which are used mainly for studies in animal health, have a total area of 15,000 square feet. The building is named after Claude Delbert Grinnells (1892-1975), NC State's only veterinarian for many years prior to the establishment of the College of Veterinary Medicine. Grinnells earned his DVM degree from Cornell University before he completed his studies for a bachelor's degree. He then returned to the University of Minnesota as a part-time assistant and completed work for his bachelor of science in animal husbandry, and later for his master's degree. Arriving as an Experiment Station animal science faculty member, Grinnells served NC State for 33 years. He was influential throughout the South and nation as president of the Southern Dairy Science Association, president of the Southern Animal Disease Research Workers, president of the N.C. Veterinary Medical Association, and a collaborator with the U.S. Regional Animal Disease Laboratory of Auburn, Alabama.
Universities and colleges
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
College buildings -- North Carolina
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783833, -78.680756