- Metcalf Hall, Bowen Hall, and Carroll Hall, overhead view
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The "Tri-Towers" were built in 1968 on central campus to serve as residence halls.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Dormitories (UA023.005.028) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Susan Catherine Colwell Carroll Residence Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- 2801 Thurman Dr.
- General note:
- Carroll Residence Hall is located on the central campus of NC State and houses participants in the Women with Voices Program. Susan Catherine Colwell Carroll (1849-1901) was a professional nurse and NC State's first resident matron of the infirmary, which is now the Alumni Memorial Building. Students respected and admired her, and dedicated two pages of the Agromeck to her when she died in 1901. Originally, the area around the Alumni Memorial Building was honored with the name Carroll Place. A plaque in the Alumni Building gives recognition to her services.
College buildings -- North Carolina
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.785817, -78.674066