Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Administrators with Centennial Campus model
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Back of photograph: "News Services January 1991 / Centennial Campus Model / Dr. Jerry L. Whitten / Claude E. McKinney / Dr. Ralph K. Calvin III / Chancellor Larry K. Monteith" Centennial Campus, named in honor of the school's centennial in 1987, was originally composed of 355 acres south across Western Boulevard that Governor James B. Hunt offered to the University in 1984. The campus has continued to expand to its present 1,000 acres and 25 buildings over the past two decades. According to its website (http://centennial.ncsu.edu/overview/index.html), "Centennial Campus is North Carolina State University's vision of the future. This "technopolis" consists of multi-disciplinary R&D neighborhoods, with university, corporate, and government facilities intertwined. A middle school, residential housing, executive conference center and hotel, golf course, town center and recreational amenities will weave the campus into a true interactive community."
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
Whitten, Jerry L. more info on Whitten, Jerry L.
McKinney, Claude E. more info on McKinney, Claude E., 1929-
Monteith, Larry K., 1933- more info on Monteith, Larry K., 1933-
North Carolina State University. Centennial Campus more info on North Carolina State University. Centennial Campus
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)