- Burlington Engineering Labs, tower
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mills, Ralph more info on Mills, Ralph
- Created Date:
- circa to
- In the early 1950s, the College of Engineering installed the first nuclear reactor outside of the federal Atomic Energy Commission. The original building that held the reactor was known as Burlington Nuclear Laboratories. In 1973, the building was expanded to its current size and renamed Burlington Engineering Laboratories. Both were named for Burlington Industries, a North Carolina textile company who provided the money for the construction of the building.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Burlington Engineering Laboratories (Burlington Nuclear Laboratories) (UA023.005.015) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).