- Dedication of Broughton Engineering Laboratories on the campus of North Carolina State College
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Mattox, John more info on Mattox, John
- North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services more info on North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services
- Created Date:
- Principal speakers in yesterday's dedication of Broughton Engineering Laboratories on the campus of North Carolina State College were (left to right) Dr. J. H. Lampe, Dean of Engineering; J. M. Broughton, Jr.; the Reverend J. W. Page; C. A. Dillon; Dr. C. H. Bostian, chancellor of State College; Professor K. P. Hanson, head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering; and Congressman Harould Cooley. The $800,000 building which houses the Department of Mechanical Engineering, was named for the late J. Melville Broughton, governor of North Carolina and U.S. Senator.
Cooley, Harold Dunbar, b. 1897
more info on Cooley, Harold Dunbar, b. 1897
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Broughton Hall (UA023.005.014) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Joseph Melville Broughton Hall -- Diesel Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- Page, Jess M. more info on Page, Jess M.
- NCSU Campus
- North Carolina