- Brooks Hall, interior view
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- D. H. Hill Library is named for Daniel Harvey Hill (1859-1924), an English professor at North Carolina State University and one of the college’s first five faculty members. He was president of the University from 1908-1916. The Library was built in four stages, the east wing first in 1953, the Erdahl-Cloyd Student Union or west wing second in 1954, the old book stack tower third in 1971, and the new book stack tower fourth in 1990. In 2007, a major renovation of the east wing of the library was completed. D. H. Hill Library is the main library of the NCSU Libraries system, which is composed of five library facilities.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Brooks Hall (UA023.005.013) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Eugene Clyde Brooks Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7845, -78.664902