- Alumni Association president Richard L. Rice and two students looking at plaque for Alumni Memorial Building
Campus and Town
Alumni and alumnae
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Raleigh architect and president of the North Carolina State College Alumni Association Richard L. Rice and two unidentified students looking at plaque during dedication ceremonies for Alumni Memorial Building, May 1959.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State College. Alumni Association more info on North Carolina State College. Alumni Association
Rice, Richard Lee, 1919- more info on Rice, Richard Lee, 1919-
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Alumni Memorial Building (see also Infirmary) (UA023.005.011) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Arthur Winslow Hall -- Alumni Memorial Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- NCSU Campus
- Historical note:
- Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae