NCSU Libraries

Group unveiling the cornerstone Alumni Memorial Building

Winslow Hall, NCSU -- Alumni Memorial Building, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Group unveiling the cornerstone Alumni Memorial Building
Topics:
Campus and Town
People
Subjects:
Alumni and alumnae
Buildings
Rites and ceremonies
Universities and colleges
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Item identifier:
0001582
Photographer:
Mills, Ralph more info on Mills, Ralph 
Created Date:
Description:
Alumni Memorial Building, cornerstone unveiling; On back of the photograph: "L. to R.: F. B. Turner, C. H. Bostian, R. A. Bradshaw-Eller (Chr. Of Board), L. T. Weeks (V.P. Alumni), R. D. Beam" Built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was named Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
Genre:
Photographs
Publicity photographs
Names:
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings 
Bostian, Carey Hoyt, 1907-2000 more info on Bostian, Carey Hoyt, 1907-2000 
Beam, Robert D. more info on Beam, Robert D. 
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina 
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, Arthur Winslow Hall -- Alumni Memorial Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Bonitz, Henry E., 1872-1921 
Built:
Street:
NCSU Campus
Community:
Raleigh
State:
NC
Historical note:
Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Subjects:
Alumni and alumnae
College buildings
Lecture halls
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
Universities and colleges