- U.S. Army Hospital Ship Larkspur, the entire cost of which -- $4 million -- was underwritten by war bond subscriptions from the North Carolina Federation of Home Demonstration Clubs and the North Carolina Nurses Association.
Community and Extension
Home demonstration work
World War, 1939-1945
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Ship shown in port at Charleston, South Carolina.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Home Demonstration clubs. General (UA023.009.020) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.