- A demonstration of refinishing furniture and rebottoming chairs
Community and Extension
Home demonstration work
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Written on verso: A demonstration of refinishing furniture and rebottoming chairs. This furniture including the old candle sticks is of the very earliest 1700s. The rebottomins is done with binders twine by Mr. And Mrs. R. B. Robinson of the Aurelian Springs community in Halifax Co. They also did the refinishing of these pieces. This high chair has served five generations being handed down to the eldest son of each generation. Mrs. Robinson is an active club woman.
Halifax County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Home Demonstration work. Housing and furnishings. Demonstrations (UA023.009.072) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.