Attached newspaper article reads: title: Havelock club not yet one year old but plans construction of community building as home. By Mrs. Percy Tilton. The Havelock Ladies Home Demonstration club was organized March 28, 1934, with a membership of twelve members and with Mrs. P. L. Tilton president, and Mrs. Lacy Beal, secretary. Since then four new members have been added. Eleven of the members attended the flower show at Brinson Memorial on May 11. The pinetops used in the decoration were furnished by the Havelock club. Six prized were awarded, two blue and four red ribbons. Mrs. M. R. Russell acted as flower chairman, and was a very enthusiastic worker. The members are now working for a community building. A site on No. 10 highway has been donated, and we hope to soon have a log cabin in which to meet. The membership of the Havelock club includes Mrs. P. L. Tilton, Mrs. C. N. Wynne, Mrs. W. J. Wynne, Mrs. J. R. Riner, Mrs. R. C. Norris, Mrs. Lacy Beal, Mrs. W. K. Oliver, Mrs. W. M. Ray, Mrs. Ray Taylor, Mrs. K. E. Tilton, Mrs. F. P. Bryan, Mrs. F. M. Russell, Mrs. Dalton Lee, Mrs. C. P. Ketner, Mrs. S. G. Sterling, Mrs. Rosalie Wynne.
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.