Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Farm and Home Week event in gymnasium, 1952
Community and Extension
Home economics extension workers
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 21 x 26 cm.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Farm and Home Week
more info on Farm and Home Week (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Home Demonstration Work (UA023.009) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: North Carolina State University, Frank Thompson Theatre -- Thompson Gymnasium (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Jenson Dr.
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- In 1963 after renovations, the Thompson Gymnasium emerged as the Thompson Theater. Originally, the gymnasium was intended to establish a routine physical fitness schedule for students, since military drills were no longer required after World War I. Thompson Gymnasium became the first indoor athletic facility complete with two gyms, an indoor swimming pool, and an elevated indoor track. It also became the center for intercollegiate games. However, when Reynolds Coliseum took over the role of basketball facility, it left the classic building, with its urns and other ornamental architecture, open for the dramatic arts.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7827, -78.666901