- First student to complete the AFROTC Flight Instruction Program for 1963
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 10 x 8 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- First student to complete the AFROTC Flight Instruction Program for this school year and receive his private pilot's license at North Carolina State was AFROTC Cadet Colonel Robert B. Bourne, wing commander of the 595th Cadet Wing. He is shown, upon completing his final check on November 5th, being congratulated by Marshall Newman, flying instructor; Howard Jones, owner of Raleigh Flying Service; Norwood Mood, FAA flight examiner; and Colonel J. D. Howder, professor of air science.
United States. Air Force ROTC
more info on United States. Air Force ROTC
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Military training and education. Air Force ROTC (UA023.021.030) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).